Navigator
Facebook
Search
Ads & Recent Photos
Recent Images
Random images
Welcome To Roj Bash Kurdistan 

London becoming a WAR ZONE as BLACK deaths increase

Discuss about the world's headlines

Re: London becoming a WAR ZONE as BLACK deaths increase

PostAuthor: Anthea » Wed May 20, 2020 2:13 am

Would this happen in
YOUR country???


Man who beat and raped pensioner to be released from prison

Image

A man who beat and raped a pensioner is to be released from prison, the Parole Board has ruled.

Wendell Baker, 63, was sentenced to life in prison in 2013 for the attack on Hazel Backwell, 66, in 1997.

Baker broke into Ms Backwell's flat in Stratford, east London, as she slept. He then tied her hands behind her back with flex, beat and raped her.

He left Ms Backwell tied up in a cupboard while he ransacked her belongings.

She was only discovered the next evening by a neighbour and thought she had been left for dead.

Ms Backwell was afraid to continue living alone or go out by herself after the attack and died five years later "with a very sad and broken heart”, her family said.

Baker was found not guilty of the attack in 1999, but a law change in 2005 meant that people could be retried for the same serious offence under certain circumstances.

The case was reopened in 2009. Baker was arrested again in 2011 and convicted in 2013, after swabs were taken from him that matched DNA found at Ms Backwell's flat with a probability "in the order of one in a billion".

He denied the charges and said police had been hounding him and framed him for this offence. Baker had previously spent time in prison for crimes including burglary, theft and actual bodily harm.

His minimum sentence was cut by two years after an appeal, making it eight years and six months before he could be considered for parole.

A report on the decision granting his release said at the time of the offence Baker had a “tendency to resort to violence and the use of weapons, being violent to a partner, alcohol misuse and using illegal drugs, not being able to control extreme emotions, being influenced by anti-social friends, not having anywhere suitable to live and not thinking about what will happen as a result of his actions.

“Evidence was presented at the hearing regarding Mr Baker’s progress and custodial conduct during this sentence.

“He had completed training courses which addressed drugs misuse and better ways of thinking as well as a range of vocational courses.

“The panel heard how Mr Baker had demonstrated some application of relevant skills and learning while in custody. Witnesses recommended release.”

A Parole Board spokesman said: “We can confirm that a panel of the Parole Board has directed the release of Wendell Baker following an oral hearing.

“Parole Board decisions are solely focused on what risk a prisoner could represent to the public after release and whether that risk is manageable in the community.

“The panel will have carefully looked at a whole range of evidence, including details of the original case, and any evidence of behaviour change.

“We do that with great care and public safety is our number one priority.”

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/m ... 45376.html

The man is a SAVAGE and in most countries would remain locked up for most of his life. In some countries he would even be executed

Criminals in the UK have little fear of actually being caught. And if they are actually sent to prison, most serve ridiculously short sentences

Most people who live in black neighbourhoods, live in fear
Good Thoughts Good Words Good Deeds
User avatar
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator
 
Posts: 22974
Images: 539
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:13 pm
Location: Sitting in front of computer
Highscores: 3
Arcade winning challenges: 6
Has thanked: 6017 times
Been thanked: 726 times
Nationality: Kurd by heart

Re: London becoming a WAR ZONE as BLACK deaths increase

Sponsor

Sponsor
 

Re: London becoming a WAR ZONE as BLACK deaths increase

PostAuthor: Anthea » Wed May 20, 2020 2:30 am

Drive-by shooting death

Law student killed in drive-by shooting died from single gunshot wound

Image

A post-mortem examination into the death of a 19-year-old law student killed in a drive-by shooting has revealed she died from a single wound to the chest.

Innocent university student Aya Hachem was hit by one of several shots fired from a vehicle as she walked to a supermarket near her home in Blackburn, Lancashire, on Sunday.

Police on Monday arrested three men aged 39, 33 and 36, all from Blackburn, in connection with the incident.

The three are now being held in police custody and continue to be questioned on suspicion of the teen's murder.

Officers have revealed they do not believe Ms Hachem was the intended target of the broad daylight attack, which took place on a busy main road in Blackburn's town centre.

The Lebanese-born teenager, a second year student at the University of Salford, died in hospital a short time after emergency services were called to the scene in King Street at around 3pm.

On Tuesday, Lancashire Police said in a statement that a post-mortem showed she died from a single gunshot wound to the chest.

The force also said they were aware of several videos of Sunday’s incident circulating on social media, and urged people to formally report them to police.

It asked people to refrain from speculating online about the cause of the incident, which has shocked Britain's Muslim community during the holy month of Ramadan and prompted discussion on social media over whether it was racially-motivated.

Image

Officers are aware that before Ms Hachem was fatally shot, a light silvery green Toyota Avensis, pictured above, drove past her (PA)

Senior investigating officer Detective Superintendent Andy Cribben said: “We know that a lot of people have expressed their support for the police investigation and I would like to thank them for that.

“However, we know of a number of videos of the incident are on social media and it is important that people formally report these to us as they are potential evidence.

“We would also ask people, even if they are well intentioned, not to share these videos out of respect for Aya and her family.

“Similarly, I would urge people not to speculate online about the cause of the incident and to instead share what they know with us as their information could prove vital.”

Officers are aware that before Ms Hachem was fatally shot, a light silvery green Toyota Avensis drove past her. Shots were fired from the vehicle.

The vehicle, with the registration number SV53 UBP, was abandoned a short time later before being seized for forensic examination by the police.

Meanwhile, a large team of detectives continue to work on the inquiry with additional police patrols in the local area.

Detective Superintendent Cribben said: “We appreciate that there will still be a lot of concern in the local community and so I would like to reassure people that there will still be additional patrols out and about. If you have any concerns or information about the incident, feel free to approach those officers.

“I would also like to stress again that we are not treating the shooting as terrorism-related or a racially-motivated.”

Anyone with information is asked to call 101, quoting log number 0412 of May 18th. Alternatively, independent charity Crimestoppers can be contacted anonymously on 0800 555 111.​

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/a ... 44891.html
Good Thoughts Good Words Good Deeds
User avatar
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator
 
Posts: 22974
Images: 539
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:13 pm
Location: Sitting in front of computer
Highscores: 3
Arcade winning challenges: 6
Has thanked: 6017 times
Been thanked: 726 times
Nationality: Kurd by heart

Re: London becoming a WAR ZONE as BLACK deaths increase

PostAuthor: Anthea » Wed May 20, 2020 2:35 am

Wrong man murdered

Man shot dead on London doorstep was case of 'mistaken identity'

A man was shot dead on his doorstep in north London in a suspected case of "mistaken identity", police have said.

The victim, 27, was shot in Haringey on Monday night and pronounced dead at the scene with a gunshot wound to the head.

Police and paramedics were called to the scene at around 8.20pm. Officers said they believe the victim was shot after opening the door to his home in Wiltshire Gardens to two attackers wearing dark clothing and motorcycle helmets.

No arrests had been made by Tuesday evening but a police cordon remained in place. Police have been given special temporary powers to search people in Haringey due to the high risk of violence.

Officers appealed for anyone with information or people who may have dash-cam footage of the killing to help with their investigation.

Detective Chief Inspector Andy Partridge, said: “This was a cowardly attack on an innocent man who was shot dead on his own doorstep. Although at an early stage of the investigation, I strongly suspect that he was not the intended target of this attack; making this case all the more tragic.

“It would have still been light when the shooting took place and I’m hoping there are people out there who saw something who we’ve not yet spoken to. Did you see a moped arrive or leaving the scene?

Did you see it travelling along Finsbury Park Avenue or any of the streets nearby? Are you a driver with dashcam footage of the moped leading up to or after the incident? Any information passed to us will be treated in the strictest of confidence.”

Officers said the man's next of kin have been informed and a post-mortem is scheduled for Thursday.

Detective Chief Superintendent Treena Fleming, Commander of the Met’s North Area Command Unit, said: “This is a harrowing incident and our immediate thoughts are with the victim’s family and friends at this devastating time. An experienced and dedicated team of detectives are doing all they can to identify those responsible and bring them to justice.

“I know that members of the community will naturally be very concerned and shocked. Whilst incidents of this nature are rare, that doesn’t detract from the impact this will have had; and I want to reassure local residents that we will continue to work closely with community leaders, key stakeholders and the local authority to update them and provide reassurance.

"It is at times like this that communities need to come together and support each other. In the meantime residents will see an increased number of officers patrolling in the area to offer reassurance.

"Please approach these officers and relay any concerns you have or pass on any information which could assist us in helping to keep you safe.”

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/m ... 45281.html
Good Thoughts Good Words Good Deeds
User avatar
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator
 
Posts: 22974
Images: 539
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:13 pm
Location: Sitting in front of computer
Highscores: 3
Arcade winning challenges: 6
Has thanked: 6017 times
Been thanked: 726 times
Nationality: Kurd by heart

Re: London becoming a WAR ZONE as BLACK deaths increase

PostAuthor: Anthea » Tue May 26, 2020 11:59 am

Chances missed to protect
boy groomed by dealers


Jaden Moodie moved from Nottingham to London with his mum for a "new start"

Image

A boy who was "butchered" in a drugs turf war after being groomed by drug dealers had been arrested in a crack den months earlier but police did not contact child exploitation staff, a report has found.

Jaden Moodie was 14 when he was knocked off his moped and stabbed to death in east London in January 2019.

A serious case review found chances to protect him were missed by agencies.

Ayoub Majdouline was jailed for his murder.

Three months before his death, Jaden was found with an older boy in a county lines flat in Bournemouth with 39 wraps of crack cocaine, two packets of cocaine, a mobile phone and £325 in cash.

According to the review, the appropriate adult who sat in on his police interview said he appeared to be "a vulnerable young person frightened by what he was being groomed and coerced into by others".

He gave the impression that "he definitely wanted to find a way out of the mess he was getting into," they said.

Following his release, two Dorset Police officers drove him home to London but did not involve specialist child exploitation workers.

In the 12 months to August 2019, Dorset Police found 36 children from London in Bournemouth in similar circumstances to Jaden.

Jaden's school in Waltham Forest was not told about the arrest but excluded him for a separate incident.

At the time of his death Jaden was living with his grandmother in Leyton.

His mother, Jada Bailey, had been sleeping on friends' sofas while she waited to be rehoused.

She had told housing officers she was trying to keep her son out of trouble and was keen to find somewhere for them to live in Waltham Forest, the report said.

She was allocated a flat two weeks before Jaden was stabbed to death.

The review found Ms Bailey and Jaden's housing needs "could have been handled in a timelier manner", especially as his vulnerability to exploitation became clear.

Jaden's father Julian Moodie was convicted of drug dealing in 2009 and deported to Jamaica a year later, when Jaden was a young boy.

He began getting into trouble after starting secondary school in Nottingham in 2015, the report said.

He ran away from home, was accused of bullying and Ms Bailey was threatened at knifepoint when someone came looking for Jaden.

The report said Jaden had only spent three of his last 22 months in school.

In November 2018, he was excluded from school in Waltham Forest after he was seen in a Snapchat video in his school uniform holding what appeared to be a gun.

Jaden pleaded guilty in court to possession of an imitation firearm in a public place.

By the end of December Jaden had been offered a place at a pupil referral unit and had committed social workers and youth offending workers trying to help him.

But "tragically none of these people were provided with that opportunity", the report concluded.

The review was led by John Drew, the former chief executive of the Youth Justice Board for England and Wales.

Mr Drew highlighted poor communication between Waltham Forest Council's social services, Dorset Police and the Met Police.

He called for a national system for responding to exploitation of children by county lines gangs, saying that every area needs a "rescue and response" system to protect young people.

Mr Drew concluded that "no-one knew how little time" there was to change Jaden's thinking.

Jaden's death "could not have been anticipated on the basis of what was known about [his] life at that time," Mr Drew said.

"So while it is clear that [Jaden] was not protected either by the council, or its partners, or by any other person, from the ultimate danger that engulfed him, I do not find any major fault in the response to his circumstances."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-52804334
Good Thoughts Good Words Good Deeds
User avatar
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator
 
Posts: 22974
Images: 539
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:13 pm
Location: Sitting in front of computer
Highscores: 3
Arcade winning challenges: 6
Has thanked: 6017 times
Been thanked: 726 times
Nationality: Kurd by heart

Re: London becoming a WAR ZONE as BLACK deaths increase

PostAuthor: Anthea » Tue May 26, 2020 11:37 pm

Southwark Stadding

A teenager has been rushed to hospital after a stabbing in south London

An air ambulance landed in Burgess Park, in Southwark, at around 6.40pm after police received reports of a teenager suffering stab injuries.

The victim, thought to be in his mid-teens, was rushed to hospital for treatment.

His condition is not thought to be life-threatening, a Met Police spokesman said.

There have been no arrests and enquiries into the circumstances are ongoing, a spokesman said.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/b ... 51241.html
Good Thoughts Good Words Good Deeds
User avatar
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator
 
Posts: 22974
Images: 539
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:13 pm
Location: Sitting in front of computer
Highscores: 3
Arcade winning challenges: 6
Has thanked: 6017 times
Been thanked: 726 times
Nationality: Kurd by heart

Re: London becoming a WAR ZONE as BLACK deaths increase

PostAuthor: Anthea » Tue May 26, 2020 11:41 pm

Islington stabbing

Boy, 14, not life-threatening after attack in Hullbridge Mews

A teenager is in a non-life-threatening condition after he was stabbed in Islington on Saturday night.

Metropolitan Police was called by paramedics to Hullbridge Mews about 8.15pm where a male, believed to be 14, was found with stab wounds.

He was taken to hospital in what was deemed to be a critical condition but his injuries.

They have since been assessed as non-life-threatening, police said.

No arrests have been made.

A Section 60 order has been authorised for Islington and surrounding areas, granting police additional stop and search powers.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/i ... 49516.html
Good Thoughts Good Words Good Deeds
User avatar
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator
 
Posts: 22974
Images: 539
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:13 pm
Location: Sitting in front of computer
Highscores: 3
Arcade winning challenges: 6
Has thanked: 6017 times
Been thanked: 726 times
Nationality: Kurd by heart

Previous

Return to World

Who is online

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot]

cron
x

#{title}

#{text}