Navigator
Facebook
Search
Ads & Recent Photos
Recent Images
Random images
Welcome To Roj Bash Kurdistan 

Hello from Australia

New members say a hello here (you can aslo introduce your blog/site here)

Hello from Australia

PostAuthor: Baronvonrort » Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:31 am

Hello from Australia.

I have been doing some research on the Kurdish people, i like what i see, free Kurdistan asap.

For some reason the PKK is listed as a terrorist group here, that probably resulted from Turkey asking the USA to list the PKK as terrorists, i think this is a mistake and have asked the Australian government to remove the PKK from that list,Abdullah Ocalan should also be set free.

I read the Constitution of the Rojava cantons i was impressed,the Kurdish culture looks pretty good as well, i think the Kurds are the best group for human rights in that area.

I have no religion, there are a lot of atheists in Australia (30%), we have had several atheist Prime Minsters in my lifetime which spans over 40 years.

A lot of what i read about Kurds say you are sunni muslim majority, of course muslims like Harun Yahya claim you are godless communist atheists so do chechen daesh fighting Kurds in Kobani.
I know the PKK has evolved from communism to a type of secular democracy which shows Harun is wrong,i see a lot of Ocalan pictures which show he is liked despite the fact he is in a Turkish jail.
I am curious about what percentages of Kurds belong to different faiths or have no religion, i cannot find any reliable info, can anyone here help me?

Baronvonrort
Nubar
Nubar

Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Nationality: Prefer not to say

Hello from Australia

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Hello from Australia

PostAuthor: AdamA » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:15 am

Hello and welcome. I can't answer your two questions, but I'll share with you a couple surveys I found, and enumerate some data I think is relevant.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/20 ... aqi-kurds/

1. "98% of Kurds in Iraq identified themselves as Sunnis and only 2% identified as Shias."
2. "In neighboring Iran, according to our data, Kurds were split about evenly between Sunnis and Shias."

mevs.org "Is Iraq falling apart."

1. "Reinforcing attachment to the nation rather than to the religion of Islam in politics is the fact that both the Sunnis and Shia (1) prefer politicians who are committed to the national interests over politicians who have strong religious convictions by at least a factor of 4 to 1, and (2) consider a good government one that makes laws according to the wishes of the people over the one that implements only the sharia by at least a factor of 3 to 1."
2. "The percentage of the Sunnis who strongly agreed or agreed that Iraq would be a better place if religion and politics were separated was 60% in 2004, 86% in April 2006, 80% in October 2006, 74% in 2008, 82% in 2011, and 81% in 2013. These values for the Kurds were similar to the Sunnis; 69%, 86%, 68%, 77%, 63%, and 75%, respectively. Among the Shia, however, support for secular politics were much lower, having an inverted U-shape; 44%, 42%, 60%, 63%, 62%, and 34%, respectively."
3. Iraqis were asked to choose between two definitions of a good government (1) one that implements only the law of the sharia, and (2) one that makes laws according to the people’s wishes. A great majority of the respondent opted for the second option. That is, 86% versus 14% among Sunni Arabs, 75% versus 25% among the Shias, and 91% versus 9% among the Kurds in the 2011 Iraqi survey demonstrated support for a secular rather than religious government.
4. Given the choice between the two statements that (1) it would be better for Iraq if more people with strong religious view held public office, and (2) it would be better for Iraq if people with strong commitment to national interests hold public office. Here again, national interest trumps religion, with 89% versus 11% among Sunni Arabs, 81% versus 19% among Shia Arabs, 60% versus 40% among Kurds in 2011 Iraqi survey showing support for secular politicians.
5. Americans have remained quite unpopuar in Iraq. Among the Sunnis, the percentage of those who did not wish to have Americans as neighbors fluctuated between 92% in 2011 and 99% in 2006; among Shia between 86% in 2011 and 98% in 2006; and among the Kurds between 46% in 2006 and 69% in 2011.
6. Iranians have also grown unpopular among the Sunnis, as the percentage who did not wish to have Iranians as neighbors grew from 72% in 2004, to 91% in April 2006, 97% in October 2006, and then dropped to 88% in 2011. These values for the Kurds were 53%, 46%, 84%, and 69%, respectively. Among the Shia Iranians were not as popular as might be expected. Those Shia who did not wish to have Iranians as neighbors fluctuated between 50% and 73% between 2004 and 2011.

AdamA
Nubar
Nubar

Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Nationality: American

Return to Introduce Yourself